How to package your breakable items correctly
Posted 25th April, 2017
At Station Couriers, we do our very best to ensure any parcel or pallet is delivered safely and securely to its destination without any damage occurring. There are some simple steps that you can follow whilst packaging your breakables to help us achieve this.
- Find a strong, rigid box that is a suitable size for the item you’re sending. If it is too big, the item will have room to move around. If it’s too small, the item could break the box open. The perfect sized box would be slightly bigger than the item, so you can fit some protective padding around it.
- The best protection you can use for breakable items is bubble wrap. It is fairly cheap and easy to find from most stationary shops; you can even buy it in bulk online. To add even more protection to your items, you can pack it around some polystyrene.
- To ensure the box is securely shut, you should put two layers of strong tape along all of the open edges. Consider using ‘Fragile’ printed tape so it is very clear to everyone that is going to be handling the parcel.
- You should check around all sides of the package, making sure it’s clear the parcel contains fragile items.
- If you are getting a quote from Station Couriers, make sure you weigh and measure your parcel after you have packaged it. This will give you a more accurate quote.